It can be very tempting to spend more than you can afford with all of the amazing sales going on right now. So that you don’t end up with buyers remorse, we have a few easy ways to get the most for you money:
- Make a list of items you ‘Need:’ Using a list can help you decide which items you need to buy right now and which can wait for another time. When you stick with a list, it will keep you from making emotional purchases and spending more than you can afford
- Make a budget: Before you buy anything, make a budget so that you know how much money you have available to spend. Be sure to track all of the purchases you make to be sure you are on budget and not overspending
- Don’t buy anything without comparison shopping: Be sure to check 2 or 3 websites and even do a Google search for the item you want to purchase. With so many sales going on, you can often find a item cheaper if you just take a little time to comparison shop
- Always use coupons: It will only take a few seconds to do a Google search for coupons – and with so many stores offering coupons, it really pays to take the time
- Don’t be in a hurry to purchase: There will always be a sale somewhere, so don’t feel pressured to buy everything right now
The Outlet Mall is a great place to find bargains – if you are planning to shop the outlets, be sure to read our article How to Save Money at the Outlets for tips on finding Sales Info and Coupons to use at the outlet mall.
I am a big fan of the Budget Fashionista – she offers so many budget-saving tips on her website. If you shop at Target, you will want to make sure you read her article entitled: How to Shop Target. It is an invaluable resources for anyone who shops at Target and includes where to find coupons as well as tips for how to control your spending.
Find more Shopping Tips & Resources »